Arnold's Writing Fluid - Small Batch Historic Ink
Notice: Ink purchases are limited to 7 bottles of ink per order TOTAL if you choose First Class shipping at checkout due to weight. If you have more than 7 bottles you MUST choose Priority Mail at Checkout or you order may be canceled.
A century old recipe for Arnold's Chemical Writing Fluid. This is an iron gall based ink, originally made in England. The ink goes on somewhat transparent with a blueish-green hue and then turns an extremely dark black within a minute or two. This ink produces some of the darkest black shades I have ever seen and super fine hairlines.
This recipe is an acidic ink iron gall ink, similar in acidity to Blots or Old World Ink. The original recipe states "This ink is destructive to nibs, for this, we know of no cure!".
- Arnold's Chemical Writing Fluid Recipe
- 1 fl. oz. Bottle (29 ml)
- Black, Iron Gall Based Ink
- Antique Amber, Glass Jar
- Reusable, Screw Top Lid
- Double Sealed Lid for Safe Transport
- Approximate Dimensions: 1.5" D x 2" H
- For Dip Pen Use Only, Not Safe For Fountain Pens
- As with all Iron Gall Inks mold can develop, simply remove the mold off of the surface and discard. The underlying ink is completely usable.