International Orders FAQ
- Shipping and Tracking: Shipping transit times and tracking updates will vary from country to country. Please note that at checkout the typical time it takes for delivery is an estimated time. International tracking will have a long delay after it shows as leaving the US from Chicago, IL. How fast tracking is updated after that point is based upon how well your country provides tracking updates to the US Postal Service. If 14 days have passed and you have not recieved your package, the best course of action is for you to contact your local customs office. Almost always the package is sitting there and awaiting inspection or transfer into your local postal system. Contacting them may speed this process. For reference your tracking number is also the customs tag number and our pen holders are shipped in a 2" x 2" x 12" White Cardboard Box. Long-tail Pen Holders are shipped in a 2" x 2" x 15" White Cardboard Box. Providing the box details will usually help them locate it faster.
- How much is International Shipping: Canada starts at $16.00 for First Class International with Insurance and tracking. . The rest of the world starts at $18.00 for First Class International with Insurance and tracking. Faster options are available at checkout for an additional cost.
- Shipping Insurance: All of our packages are shipped fully insured. For First Class International insurance, 45 days from the date it was shipped must have elapsed before a refund / insurance claim can be done. This is a requirement of my shipping insurance. In order to process the claim, you will be required to sign an online affidavit and once the insurance claim is approved (this usually only takes a couple days), you will receive a full refund or we can discuss replacing your items. Insurance claims MUST Be filed within 90 days of mailing. If you wait beyond this time frame an insurance claim or refund is not possible. Faster delivery options, such as Priority Mail and Priority Express are processed in a much faster time-frame, but they also have the same 90 day limit to file a claim. Please keep in mind the three shipping services we offer are not guaranteed delivery times and only estimated. The only option for a guaranteed delivery time is Global Express Guaranteed and shipping using this method must be specially arranged and it comes at a much higher cost.
- Import Taxes: The customer is always responsible for any taxes, duties or import charges that may due upon receipt. Being that every country has different laws, you will need to check with your local government office to find out if a tax will be due and the rate. We do not falsify custom documents, so please don't even ask. We mark the actual value on the customs form and mark it as merchandise, like required by US Custom laws.
- Shipping to Indonesia, Singapore & Australia: Due to an issue with fraudulent purchases we now require an additional fee of 7% due at checkout. This is listed as a Goods and Services Tax (GST) at checkout. In order to continue to offer shipping to these areas, we have a fraud insurance company. This company charges us 7% of the package total to offer this service and we make no money from the 7% additional charge. All packages shipped to these areas are automatically submitted to the company for review and they charge us for this insurance and background check.
- Third Party Shippers: We will happily send your purchase to a third party shipper (such as a relative, friend, Johnny Air Cargo, etc), however know that once your package arrives at their location within the United States, our obligation with shipping and or insurance is complete. Any loss claims from that point must be handled with the third party shipping provider. In regards to damage claims, ALL damage claims should be handled by the third party shipper. Because they do not inspect package content condition, is is implied that the contents of your package arrived safely and damage claims must be handled with the third party shipping provider, PERIOD.